Part-Time NJVS™ Teaching Position - French
Part-Time New Jersey Virtual School Teacher - French Teacher for the 2021-22 School Year
As per negotiated agreement
New Jersey Standard Certification in French.
The Monmouth-Ocean Educational Services Commission is seeking qualified candidates to fill anticipated French Teacher for the NJ Virtual School.
- Position is with the New Jersey Virtual School™ (www.njvs.org) Administration of this program is through an online platform.
- Must maintain contact with students, schools, parents, and administrators throughout the duration of the semester.
- Online teachers must be available for the 2021 - 2022 School Year.
Candidates must apply through NJ School Jobs.
New applicants should send resume, references, and copies of certifications.
MOESC - WE ARE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please read below for full New Jersey Virtual School™ Teacher job description:
- Valid New Jersey subject area certification
- Minimum three years’ teaching experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Operational knowledge of the Internet and Web-related technologies
- Must be responsible, accountable and self-motivated
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Effective prioritizing, organizing, and time management skills
REPORTS TO: Director of New Jersey Virtual School™
- Communicate course expectations, timelines, and student progress with students, parents, essential school personnel, and NJVS™.
- Identify, select, create and modify instructional resources when necessary to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the online learning process.
- Develop individual course pacing guides and effectively communicate course timelines with students.
- Closely monitor student progress relative to individual course schedules.
- Contact student, parent, and NJVS™ administration if concerns arise.
- Grade student work submissions and provides motivating and constructive feedback within 24 hours of submission.
- Maintain an accurate and updated course newsfeed.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, members of the NJVS™, and its affiliates.
- Ensure that the online classroom environment is inviting and welcoming to students.
- Ensure that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for the age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Participate in meetings, staff development, and online webinars, which may include both on-line and in-person instruction and interaction with peers and administration.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, record keeping (logging communication), coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstration of respect for others.
- Perform all other duties assigned by administration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-Time
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the MOESC’s Board policy on evaluation of professional personnel.