Teacher of Students with Disabilities
The Midland School, in North Branch (Somerset County) NJ, a private special education school serving developmentally disabled students aged 5 to 21 is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking candidates for the following full time position: Teacher of Students with Disabilities
- Deliver a program of instruction to each child, giving due consideration to the abilities and disabilities of the child, the IEP from the public school district and the philosophy of The Midland School and the state core curriculum standards.
- Provide complete and appropriate supervision of all students assigned.
- Maintain appropriate and professional communication with parents of assigned students.
- Maintain and organize classroom supplies, teaching materials, books, etc.; inform the Principal of the need to purchase educational materials.
- Provide training, supervision and direction to any teacher-aide assigned.
- Participate in staffings, conferences and meetings relating to any student assigned.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Remain cognizant of the latest innovations in the field of special education and continually revise and upgrade programs to reflect these changes.
- Attend BTSN.
- Develop and maintain daily lesson plans.
- Develop and implement effective behavior management programs for students in conjunction with support center staff.
- Develop, write and evaluate a Progress Report for each student based on the sending school district’s IEP.
- Develop and implement a Professional Development Plan.
- Complete the DLM for identified students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Principal.
- BA or BS from accredited college or university
- New Jersey Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification
- New Jersey Criminal Review Clearance
- Meets State requirements as “Highly Qualified Teacher”
Pay: Commensurate based on experience