Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
To provide leadership in the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of curriculum, instruction, and assessment to ensure that all students meet and exceed the New Jersey Department of Education’s academic standards. Achieving excellence requires that the Principal works collaboratively to lead and nurture students and communicate effectively with parents, staff, students, and members of the community.
- Hold a New Jersey Principal Certification
- Hold a Master's Degree with course work in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Have a minimum of four years of successful experience as a teacher
- Have a minimum of three years of successful experience as an administrator
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate people
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education
- Required: physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status..
- To plan and supervise the district’s curriculum, instruction, and assessment program.
- To initiate and evaluate requests for new courses and new programs.
- Prepare a detailed analysis of standardized test results along with a plan to correct deficiencies and build upon achievements
- To conduct in-service training, professional learning communities, and staff meetings to provide targeted and on-going professional development for staff members.
- To be responsible for the administration of board policy and school regulations within the school areas.
- To serve on district and other committees generally dealing with the advancement of education.s
Terms of Employment:
Twelve (12) Month Tenure Track, Bargaining Position