In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional support needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The mission of the Camden City School District, Office of Safety and Security (OSS) starts with a "commitment to excellent performance." The Office of Safety and Security will support the vision for the Camden City School District by ensuring that all students safely arrive at school, are in an environment that is safe and conducive to learning, and arrive back to their homes safely. The Duty Officer is responsible for providing continuously improving service, protection, and safety for the well-being of all students, staff, properties and other assets, in accordance with the policies as approved by the Camden City School District. The Duty Officer will provide assistance and protection to persons and property in and about School District buildings, office grounds, and parking areas, maintain orderly conditions, and take appropriate measures required to assure observance of the law and school district policies.
- High School Diploma
- One to three years dispatching or emergency management experience preferred
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- A valid driver’s license as well as current insurance and vehicle with valid registration
- Required criminal history background check, physical, and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and computer functions
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests, and vendors
- Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperation between departments
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work varying schedule, including all shifts, all days, and holidays
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills, including ability to communicate with emergency responders
- Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Operate a multi-telephone line system
- Monitor and operate a two-way radio console to coordinate and send Night Watchmen to locations for service
- Assess and analyze caller situation to try and resolve and provide a solution prior to dispatching Night Watchman
- Monitor district cameras for suspicious activity or hazards in buildings
- Enter data in the computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information; Maintain record of incidents and document descriptive reports of major incidents.
- Collect and disseminate security equipment to Night Watchmen, i.e. radios, QR Scanner, keys, etc..
- Assess shift equipment and report malfunctioning equipment to a Supervisor
- Contact Camden County Metropolitan Police Department and Camden City Fire Department or other first responders at the request by Night Watchmen or as needed
- Cooperate with Camden County Metro Police Department during investigations
- Carry out administrative procedures necessary in maintaining safety and welfare, including liaison with public safety officials and school officials.
- Support projects and initiatives in other divisions and departments throughout CCSD on an as-needed basis
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Supervisor’s designee
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- A willingness to go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to achieve strong results
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills with an ability to communicate dynamically with personnel throughout the district, from senior level officials to rank and file security officers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability and desire to build and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges
- Integrity and reliability in all interactions; Characteristics suitable for law enforcement duties
- Commitment to the success of all Camden students
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Prompt and outstanding attendance
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
REPORTS TO & EVALUATED BY
- Senior Director, Safety & Security
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Competitive based on qualifications and previous experience
- Twelve-month, Part-Time, - Non-tenure Position
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER