Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Title: Custodian Night Shift
Offering Competitive Starting Salary
- Driver’s License required
- Custodial/Maintenance Experience
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Black Seal License preferred where required
- Required Criminal History Background check and proof of US Citizenship or Legal Resident Alien Status
- Alternate Qualifications as the Board of Education deems acceptable
Reports To: Head Custodian
Job Goal: To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient
place in which to learn, play, and develop.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas, neat and clean and sanitary at all times.
- Thoroughly clean their respective buildings during holiday periods, spring and summer vacations, and take advantage of the opportunity while school is closed to do other general maintenance work such as: waxing, polishing, etc.
- Keep toilet rooms clean, properly disinfected and supplied with the necessary toilet tissue and toweling. The fixtures in these rooms must be thoroughly cleaned according to present administrative regulations.
- Removes the snow and ice from the steps and sidewalks on and around the school grounds immediately after each snowfall, when school is open or closed.
- Sweeps classrooms daily (or vacuums) and dusts furniture.
- Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and outside as directed.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Prepare classrooms for following day’s instruction.
- Keep in order school supplies, the storerooms, boiler rooms, attics, basements and allow no accumulation of refuse therein. Whatever wastepaper has been collected shall be disposed of immediately in proper receptacles furnished for that purpose.
- Display the American Flag on all days that the school is in session, and on all legal holidays from 8:00 a.m. to the close of the afternoon session.
- Make such minor building repairs as he/she is capable of doing.
- Reports major repairs needed promptly to the Head Custodian.
- Remains on the school premises during working hours and during non-working hours when the use of the building has been authorized and his attendance required by the Head Custodian.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening of the building, as directed by the Head Custodian, and closing of the building, and for determining before leaving that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities as directed by the Head Custodian.
- See that lights are turned off in all areas of the building not in use.
- Keep rooms stocked with supplies as required.
- Conduct other duties as may be assigned by the Head Custodian.
- Perform such duties as requested by the principal or assigned administrator in unusual or emergency situations.
- Aid in maintaining a well-disciplined building. All violations of the school regulations on the part of pupils and/or destruction of property shall be reported to the Head Custodian and principal immediately.
- Follow all the rules promulgated within the district as to the duties and responsibilities of Custodians, as may be either in effect, or from time to time, put into effect.
- Custodians are responsible for the care of all equipment they use.
- Comply with local and state laws for handling and storage of hazardous materials, disposal of trash and recycling requirements.
- Comply with Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Hazard Communication Standard/Right To Know (HCS/RTK) regulations.
- Perform minor maintenance of mulched playground area as needed.
- Perform routine check of boilers and maintain log according to state regulations. Report any repairs needed to B&G supervisor.