Glassboro Public Schools is currently seeking an Assistant Principal for the High School.
- New Jersey Principal Certificate – N.J.S.A. 26-2; N.J.A.C. 6:11-10.8;
- Master's Degree from accredited college or university;
- New Jersey Teaching or School Counseling Certificate;
- A minimum of five years teaching/school counselor experience;
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Scope of Responsibility: Supervises all certified and non-certified school staff as assigned by, or in the absence of, the Principal, assists the Principal in providing school-wide leadership, and provides leadership in the development, implementation, and coordination of the District’s curriculum. In addition, is assigned a portion of the student-body to maintain safety and security and the high standards of student conduct consistent with Board Policies.
Reports to: Principal
Assistant Principal Performance Responsibilities: To assist the Principal in the supervision and coordination of the Educational Program for assigned grades, and more specifically, to handle routine discipline and attendance referrals and to coordinate the Student Activities Program of the school.
- Develop, recommend, implement and communicate managerial practices, regulations and procedures for all school discipline, attendance, and student activities.
- Direct, administer and evaluate all student activities program (Student government, clubs, classes, drama, and music activities, school publications, and assemblies) for grades 9-12; oversee finances.
- Attend and supervise evening and weekend school activities as assigned by the Principal.
- Assist in the orientation, assignment, supervision, and observation of all certificated, non-certificated, and substitute staff.
- Assist in the development of faculty, staff, and student schedules.
- Act as liaison with community groups, as assigned by the Principal, and the community at large to foster and maintain cordial relations.
- Keep apprised of activities and trends in secondary education through attendance at meetings, workshops, clinics, and membership in professional associations.
Supervisor of Instruction Performance Responsibilities: To plan, conduct, and supervise the activities and instruction of the departments assigned, to enhance teachers’ skills and strategies, and to increase student achievement in assigned grades.
- Supervise the classroom activities of all members of his/her department(s) for the purpose of improving instruction, implementing standards, and increasing student achievement.
- Coordinate all activities with respect to improving instruction and program development with assistance from Department Chairpersons/Curriculum Leads.
- Evaluate teacher classroom performance and provide feedback through classroom visitations,
- written reports, and conferences, and annual Professional Development Plans.
- Lead curricular and instructional program development for assigned departments in conjunction with the Principal and Chief Academic Officer.
- Provide educational and professional leadership for the department(s) by developing programs for curriculum development in conjunction with the Principal and Chief Academic Officer.
- Coordinate the review and assessment of materials, textbooks, and equipment in conjunction with the Principal and Chief Academic Officer.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops that will enhance continued professional development and independent research relevant to curricular and instructional practice.
- Oversee, monitor, and provide feedback for the implementation of assessments administered throughout the year.
- Provide leadership to develop methods, procedures, and techniques that will assist the staff with educational programs to meet state standards.
- Assist in providing articulation with constituent districts in the appropriate curricular area.
- Collect and review weekly lesson plans for application of state standards, methodologies, and assessment elements and provide appropriate feedback to staff.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent or Principals.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.