Whitsons is currently interviewing for a General Manager for Irvington School Nutrition program.
Lots of other opportunities for positions and advancement as Whitsons grows!
Send your resume for consideration.
SUMMARY: The General Manager is responsible for maintaining systems and procedures for all aspects of the Food Nutrition /Dining Program for which he/she oversees. The program services a student enrollment of 2500-9,999.
The Manager will ensure that all guidelines, relating to the NSLP, are adhered to in all schools, consistently. Stay current with USDA regulations and ensure menus and processes are in compliance at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food related products, as well as menu planning and development using Whitsons approved systems and policies
• Manages program within all budgetary guidelines established by Whitsons.
• Motivates, trains, and manages subordinate Team Members.
• Provide the necessary tools for the team to perform at satisfactory level.
• Maintain a harmonious working relationship with Team by demonstrating consistent and equitable treatment for all Team Members consistently in accordance with Company policies.
• Ensures compliance with applicable health regulations and ordinances and that all schools are prepared for any state or local board of health inspection.
• Develops budgets and operational financial forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for accounting and documenting accurately all financial components.
• Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met and staff adequately trained.
• Coordinates and supervises all production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor management and Team Member training.
• Recruits, hires, develops and retains team using Company required systems, procedures and policies.
• Participates in all wellness and nutrition committees and meetings.
• Must spend 80% of workday in the schools observing and supporting team.
• Conducts recurring inventory; maintaining records to comply with Whitsons, government and accrediting agency standards.
• Controls all expenses such as food cost, labor cost and operating expenses while providing exceptional customer service.
• Manages all purchasing and utilization of government commodities including processed goods.
• Prepares location for internal QA audit by using the “Check Yes” tools.
• Executes all marketing promotions applicable to the district according to the marketing calendar. Ensures marketing, merchandising in place effectually and current at all times.
• Maintains an 80% or above score on the Whitsons Internal Audit and shows increased improvement each year.
• Adhere to all company and district policies and ensure that entire team understands and follows them.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent with concentration in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business or a related field. Other degree could qualify with appropriate experience.
• ServSafe Mandatory– Local food safety certification if required in jurisdiction of employment. Must be knowledgeable of all local ordinances.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
• Must be able to communicate electronically through use of email and other similar computer platforms.
• Able to learn new programs easily and quickly.
Other Qualifications, Experience:
• 5 years’ experience in Food Service Management required.
• Minimum 3 year experience in K-12 programs required. Strong interest in school nutrition program development.
• Culinary background is required - Must have a passion and an interest in food
• Working knowledge of cooking procedures and recipe adherence and scaling.