Candidate demonstrates knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, wellness education, community health and social service resources, and current health issues. Exhibits enthusiasm and possesses interpersonal skills to relate to students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, community, and health and social service agencies. School nurse experience preferred, as well as experience and enjoyment working with children pre-school through middle school. Hours are 7:45 AM – 4:15 PM two-three days a week.
- Treatment of students and faculty for illnesses and first aid
- Administration of medications
- Assist with maintaining health, immunization and student athletic records
- Input and maintaining students medications
- Communication with parents and faculty
- Current New Jersey license as a registered professional nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider
- Epi-pen trained
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to confidentiality and professional ethics.
- Proven track record in school nursing
- Ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include Part-time School Nurse in the subject line.