If you spent your summers at camp as a child or if you always wanted to have the opportunity to work in a camp setting where you can help students feel safe, comfortable and well cared for as they enjoy their time away from school, we want to speak with you about this job.
Deer Mountain Day Camp is seeking licensed nurses for the summer of 2019 to help oversee the health and well-being of our camp community, evaluate medical needs, respond to any medical emergencies and distribute medications.
Nurses must have strong diagnostic skills, be fun, kind and patient and be available to work 2 or 3 late stays.
- Review camper medicals pre-camp to ensure that all the required medical information is completed based on BOH & ACA standards.
- Work as a member of a team
- Manage the paperwork and procedures associated with BOH reported injuries.
- Educate and support the camp staff working with campers who have special medical needs.
- Communicate with parents and families
- Administer daily medications
- Provide first aid when appropriate
- Keep detailed medical charts for campers and staff
Staff is required to attend all training and staff meetings before and during the camp season.
2019 Camp Dates: Thursday, June 27th to Thursday, August 22nd
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Available for all pre-season staff trainings (selected days in June 2019)
Available one Saturday in August 2019 for a family event at camp
Daily Lunch provided
Please forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. And, visit our website at www.deermountaindaycamp.com and fill out our online staff application.
About Deer Mountain
As a Deer Mountain staff member, you become an integral part of our 64-year legacy to help children flourish—both socially and emotionally. We’re passionate about celebrating our campers for who they are—and giving them a solid steppingstone to the next stage of their lives. Together, let’s enrich experiences, ripen potential, and make the world a better place—one child at a time.
Deer Mountain Day is located in Pomona, NY at the base of the Ramapo Mountains. We are a town away from Woodcliff Lake, Mahwah, Montvale and Suffern and 25 minutes from the George Washington Bridge. We serve campers ranging in age from 3 to 15 who come from Rockland, Bergen, Orange and Westchester Counties and New York City