St. Helena School a 2018 Blue Ribbon School located in Edison, New Jersey, is looking for a full-time Advance Elementary Math Teacher.
We are seeking a creative, innovative, enthusiastic, dedicated, passionate, and experienced upper elementary math teacher who exhibits a passion for working with young people in a dynamic educational setting. Qualification include a practicing Catholic who has knowledge of the faith and encourages spiritual growth in students by developing discipline, character, morals and values. An individual who could provide leadership in living and celebrating life and liturgies.
The applicant must possess an excellent knowledge of the curriculum and state standards. The applicant must have the ability to teach in an environment that demands the integration of the Catholic faith in lessons and activities. Finally, the ideal candidate is excited to work in a joyful, collaborative, and collegial community.
- Implement curricula and work diligently to advance the mathematics program in order to prepare our goal-oriented students to achieve successfully in the accelerated high school mathematics classes.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Communicate effectively with students, families, superior and colleagues.
- Candidates who apply for this teaching position must be a practicing Catholic in order to teach Religion.
- A BA/BS in Elementary Education, an MA in Education Preferred
- A valid New Jersey Teacher’s License.
Criminal history background and Protecting God’s Children training are also required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, email the principal, Sister Mary Charles with a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. Sister Charles, the principal will contact you for an interview.
St. Helena School
930 Grove Avenue
Edison, NJ 08820
Tel #: 732-549-6234