Director of Mathematics
WHO YOU ARE:
The Director of Mathematics is an essential position that drives math achievement at Marion P. Thomas Charter School. The Director of Math is a professional leader and manager to the mathematics department providing support, accountability and development to a team of teachers ensuring high standards of teaching and learning and the wellbeing of staff and students.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Establishes and promotes high standards and expectations for students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Works cooperatively and collectively with district administrators, principals, supervisors, and teachers to ensure that instructional programs and services are coordinated and administered uniformly and equitably.
- Ensures coordination of services and articulation between the secondary and elementary levels of the instructional programs by communicating frequently with supervisors, and principals regularly.
- Provides administrative and supervisory responsibility for assigned instructional programs in the respective New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- Develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates curriculum and instructional practices that ensures that each student meets and exceeds New Jersey Student Learning Standards consistent with the mission, philosophy, values, and instructional goals of the district and meet all laws, codes, Board Policies, and Regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Must hold acceptable NJ Administrative Certification and/or Principal Certification
- Valid New Jersey Teaching Certificate in one or more of the following areas:
- Mathematics K-12; or
- Middle School with Subject matter Specialization: Mathematics in Grades 5-8 alongside an instructional certificate
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with extensive course work and recent evidence of advanced study in are of responsibility
WHO WE ARE:
Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS) offers a seamless educational experience from “crayons to college and career,” giving scholars the opportunity to stay within one school system for their entire public educational career from prekindergarten to 12th grade. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your loved ones
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension plan
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
Next Steps: MPTCS is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.
Effective October 18, 2021, Marion P. Thomas Charter School will require all employees to provide to Human Resources either (1) proof of vaccination against COVID-19; or (2) results of weekly tests for COVID-19. This information will be maintained in a secure application that will be accessible by a limited group of Human Resources staff.