Pinelands Regional High School is seeking a High School Teacher of Science (Biology Certification) with experience and knowledge of Science, as well as a passion for teaching and learning, enthusiasm for working with behaviorally challenging students.
A focus on connecting with families and colleagues to best serve our students, and the desire to establish a class environment that fosters individual learning and personal growth.
This candidate must possess strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, and should work well with parents and other community members. Experience with NJSLS is preferred.
A vision and a passion to make a positive difference in our students’ lives is a must!
Interested parties should send a letter of interest, resume, and copies of certificates to the attention of Ms. Gina Frasca, Assistant Superintendent.
- Valid Standard, Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS) or Certificate of Eligibility (CE) as required for teaching assignment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Specified Content Area
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to collaborate and work in groups, willingness to implement reflective practices that promote professional growth
- Successful teaching and/or student teaching experience
- Possess basic technological skills as required by the position
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both orally and through written expression
- Must complete required health examination(s) and immunization(s)
- Must pass required criminal history background check
- Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident status
- Provide and/or maintain a professional environment favorable to learning, personal growth, personal safety, and well-being
- Establish a positive rapport with pupils, guide pupils so that they develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a foundation for continued growth
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with other staff members and members of the community at large
- Sensitive to and respectful of the diverse backgrounds, characteristics, preferences, and beliefs of the members of the school community
- Act as an ethical role model portraying integrity, good judgment, discretion, and positive character attributes
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of students
- Uphold and enforce school rules, Board policies, and federal/state laws
- Communicate professionally within the school community
- Develop lesson plans that incorporate differentiation based on ability, learning styles and student interests, measurable learning goals, effective tracking of student academic progress and acquisition of skills, and summative and formative assessment practices
- Create learning experiences which make content accessible and meaningful for students
- Recognize varying patterns of learning and development so as to design and implement appropriate learning experiences
- Understand individual differences in a broader context, including attention to a learner’s personal, family, and community experiences and cultural norms
- Implement instructional strategies that promote higher order thinking and problem solving skills, include opportunities for collaboration and group work, and strategies that promote student engagement
- Provide inclusive learning environments that enable each learner to meet high standards
- Foster both a classroom and school environment that protects students from sexually, physically, verbally, and emotionally harassing behavior
- Participates in the development and revision of curricular documents and participates in continuous growth in curricular design and function.
- Maintains a professional attitude in all relationships relative to school affairs, regulations, students, parents, and community
- Attends to and documents all professional responsibilities to include: attendance and participation in all staff and department meetings, professional development opportunities, and professional learning communities
- Actively take the role of lifetime learner while continuously seeking opportunities to improve practice, draw upon current education policy and research as sources for reflection
- Collaborate with other school professionals to promote professional growth and to plan and facilitate the design of relevant learning experiences for students
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents to provide a safe and emotionally protective learning environment
- Maintain accurate student academic and attendance records and conduct ongoing and frequent communication with students and parents regarding academics, attendance and classroom behavior
- Utilize assessment data, students’ prior knowledge and interests when planning
- Use assessment data to engage learners in examining growth and to guide teacher and learner decision-making about learning needs
- Demonstrate respect for cultural backgrounds and differing perspectives that learners bring to the learning environment
- Use various communication strategies and technological tools to build local and global learning communities that engage learners, families and colleagues
- Develop skills pertinent to both face-to-face interaction and in virtual contexts
- Represent the district as a first-line public relations staff member when answering phone calls, responding personally to staff, students, parents, and community members, and when greeting people in person
- Conscientiously perform work with minimum supervision
- Organize responsibilities and workload efficiently; able to multi-task effectively
- Maintain and update reports, inventories, attendance reports, and other similar records which are modified frequently
- Updates and maintains student records as directed
- Is accurate in reporting information and in the maintenance of records
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to operate office equipment and assist with care and maintenance of equipment when appropriate
- Learns and applies new job skills
- Responds appropriately to concerns from the public and staff and assists in providing an answer or remedy
- Demonstrates a cooperative attitude with others in all work activities
- Willingly accepts assigned duties and performs them within given timelines
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the administrative team, staff members, students, and the public
- Demonstrates job interest and enthusiasm
- Maintain regular attendance so as to ensure continuity of instruction and/or efficient operation of the school district
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent and/or his/her designees
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!