Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
The North Plainfield School District, a public K-12 district in Somerset County, is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Teacher of Physics at North Plainfield High School, which serves approximately 1,200 students in Grades 9-12. The position is full-time and tenure-track, and serves students at the CP and AP levels.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience teaching Physics (or Physical Science) at the High School level.
- has an understanding of pedagogical best practices, with an ongoing desire for professional development and growth.
- has a strong working knowledge of the NJ Student Learning Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
- selects instructional strategies that actively engage students in phenomenon-based and inquiry-driven learning
- continuously monitors the social and emotional needs of students and implements relevant strategies into daily lessons
- will be an enthusiastic and collaborative member of school, grade-level, and content area Professional Learning Communities
Appropriate NJ State Certification as a Teacher of Physics or Teacher of Physical Science required. Bilingual candidates preferred.
The North Plainfield School District welcomes your interest and looks forward to reviewing your application!