Delta-T Group is an Education and Behavioral Healthcare referral service for specialized types of healthcare and education professionals. Delta T Group has been in business for over 20 years and currently has 14 offices nationwide.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- NJ Substitute Teaching Certification
- NJ Department of Education Fingerprints
- Ability to comply with written and or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Willingness to stand for most hours of the day or sit for extensive periods of time
- Close and personal relationship with pupils on a daily basis
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the lesson plan(s) left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with district’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom where assigned.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establishes and maintains order in the classroom.
- Maintains a classroom environment conductive to effective learning.
- Places students paper(s) in teachers desk.
- Returns instructional materials and equipment to proper place.
- Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building.
- Conducts oneself in a business like and task-oriented manner.
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills that enhance learning.
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Cooperate with school personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by program/building administrator(s) in accordance with school policies and practices.