QUALIFICATIONS: New Jersey Standard Teacher Certification or County Teacher Certification; knowledge of the sport which the individual intends to coach; knowledge of NJSIAA conference and school regulations.
REPORTS TO: Head Coach/Athletic Director
Assistant coaches will be responsible for:
1. Assisting in the daily operation of the team and, when the head coach is not present, assuming full responsibility for the continued performance of the team.
2. Attending all meetings, practices, scrimmages, and games.
3. Following the head coaches’ directives regarding drills, practices and teaching techniques.
4. Coaching sub-varsity games according to the head coaches’ directives regarding players, plays, types of offense or defense to be used, etc.
5. Assisting the head coach to distribute and collect all uniforms and equipment and to assist in teaching proper care and maintenance of the same.
6. Assisting the head coach in the supervision of players at all times when the players are under the jurisdiction of the coaches including, but not limited to the locker rooms, buses, during and after games, etc.
7. Assisting the head coach in preparing the budget.
8. Assisting the head coach in contacting players regarding practices, games, cancellations, or other pertinent information.
9. Assisting the head coach to teach the athletes proper sportsmanship, attitudes, and behaviors.
10. Scouting opponents as directed by the head coach.
11. Assisting the head coach to complete all reports and records as required.
12. Assisting the head coach and the Athletic Director in developing adequate crowd control procedures and practices at the same time.
13. Assisting the head coach to teach the team members proper health and safety procedures.
14. Assisting the head coach in handling all disciplinary matters.
15. Acting in a professional manner at all times toward officials, spectators, players, opponents, and the head coach.
16. Keeping the head coach informed of all actual and/or potential problem situations.
17. Assisting in all other appropriate duties as required by the head coach.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-Month Year
EVALUATION: Annually by the Superintendent of Schools and Board of Education