Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Locksmith.
In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Locksmith works directly under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, Maintenance, and has responsibility for tools, equipment, and completing all projects in a workmanlike manner.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate knowledge related to modern locksmithing practices, materials, and equipment
- Four (4) years’ experience in the mechanics/maintenance craft
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) by Associated Locksmiths of America
- Possess a Black Seal License or must obtain one within two (2) years of employment
- Ability to perform tasks relating to other industry trades preferred (i.e. electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, etc.).
- Knowledge of basic regulations governing safety relating to the mechanics/maintenance craft
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to perform tasks that require frequent heavy lifting
- Focused on safety and security of District staff and students a must
- Experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Expedite all work orders assigned in accordance with directions provided by Facilities Manager
- Keep records on all projects in a manner set up by the Facilities Manager and maintain accounting records properly
- Install, service, and repair various types of locks and security devices
- Install and repair door hardware and hydraulic closing fixtures
- Disassemble locks; repair and replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts
- Cut new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification
- Issue keys and maintain records of keys issued and returned
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical locking systems
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively
- Recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, including Public Employee Occupational Safety and Health Act (PEOSHA) regulations, practice safe work habits
- Utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions the appropriate administrator
- Be available when called upon by the Supervisor or Central Administrators after the regular work day
- Will be required to support projects and initiatives in other departments throughout CCSD on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Supervisor’s designee
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 50 pounds to pack, load, and deliver orders; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Frequently lifts items weighing up to 50 pounds, including raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position
- Frequently bends and twists holding items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Climbing/balancing – maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Stooping – bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching – bending body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Reaching – extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Subject to atmospheric conditions including fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Subject to extreme temperatures (temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour, which may be exacerbated by wind and/or humidity)
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Equity for All Students
We make decisions and implement policies that honor all students’ needs and empower our students and their families. We believe in equality of opportunity—all students deserve a fair shot.
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
REPORTS TO & EVALUATED BY
- Facilities Manager, Maintenance
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Communications Workers of America (CWA) Mechanic E Salary Scale
- Twelve months, non-tenureable position
- Communications Workers of America
(Pending availability of funds and State Superintendent’s approval)
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Type of Job (K-12 or Higher Ed.)