Full-time: Up to 35 hours per week
Primary Location – Statewide with primary teaching locations in North and Central N.J.
Statewide non-profit Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey seeks an Education Director to lead our expanding education program focusing on STEAM concepts with hands-on and minds-on activities and curricula aligned with New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
Successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is great with kids, personable, a quick learner, flexible with scheduling, and able to supervise a small staff. NJ teaching certification and experience with at-risk students strongly preferred. Nonprofit experience and/or wildlife/environmental education experience are preferred, though not required. Salary commensurate with experience.
The position will encompass some or all of the following education responsibilities:
- delivering existing in-school, afterschool, and summer STEAM programs for grades ranging from Kindergarten through Middle School in Newark, Linden, Trenton, and other N.J. locations;
- creating, implementing, and evaluating NJSLS curricula;
- planning and leading school field trips;
- creating and delivering teacher professional development workshops;
- managing our annual statewide 5th-grade and high school education contests;
- supervising part-time education staff and interns;
- engaging with schools and other partners to continue growing our education program;
- further developing our related wildlife art programs;
- coordinating outreach activities including speaking engagements and tabling events;
- contributing to our print and online communications;
- working with CWF management to expand financial support for our education work, and other education work as needed.
The job will also include a range of administrative responsibilities in support of our wildlife conservation work. Travel will be necessary. Most work will be during business hours; however, occasional nights or weekend work may be required.
Deadline for applications is October 16, 2021. Select candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Position is available immediately.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to CWF Acting Executive Director Liz Silvernail at liz.silvernail@ConserveWildlifeNJ.org. Please note “Education Director” in the email subject line.
Visit www.ConserveWildlifeNJ.org to learn more about our team