The Hun School of Princeton seeks a dynamic and creative Assistant Swim Coach who reports to the Head Swim Coach and the Co-Directors of Athletics.
The Hun School Athletic Program is proud of our education through athletics. We have a strong athletic tradition at Hun, but success is broadly defined. Competition and winning are important aspects of any program, but do not control the scope of our athletic philosophy. The measurement of success will not be judged by the tangible evidence of victory or defeat, but by the intangible personal development and shared memories that make the effort and experience worthwhile. We participate in the Mid Atlantic Prep League (MAPL) as well as compete amongst the top independent and public schools in the region.
- Serve as the Assistant Swim Coach for grades 9-12;
- Assist in training programs that include monitoring practices and skill development;
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for development and athletic achievement in the sport of swimming, from beginner to elite athletes;
- Ensure a positive environment aligned with our school's mission;
- Collaborate with the swim coaching staff to plan, coordinate, and execute daily practices and training;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with co-directors, families, and other necessary stakeholders;
- Contributions to Hun community life beyond the practice and competition venue to assist in furthering the mission of the school.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred;
- High School or college competitive experience is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with students, staff, parents, alumni, and community members;
- Ability to foster a positive team spirit as well as individual skill improvement;
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekend;
- First Aid and CPR training - or have the ability to be trained;
- Willingness to potentially get certified as CDL Driver Class C;
- A love for working with young people and a commitment to a diverse and inclusive community;
- A desire to contribute to school life outside of the classroom on a lively boarding school campus.
ABOUT THE HUN SCHOOL
The Hun School of Princeton is an all gendered, private day and boarding school in Princeton, New Jersey. Individual attention and strong student-faculty relationships are the hallmarks of the school. On the 50-acre campus between Philadelphia and New York City, student-centered, hands-on learning prepares students for the global community in which they will live and work. The Hun School is composed of 650 students in its Middle School, Upper School, and Postgraduate Program. Our campus is home to students from twenty-two countries and fifteen states.
Our campus is located in historic Princeton, New Jersey, a short train ride away from both New York City (50 miles) and Philadelphia (45 miles). Home to Princeton University, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton Theological Seminary, and an array of cultural centers and organizations, Princeton is regarded as one of the most academically-minded communities in the world. Often named one of the country's best places to live, Princeton is a friendly, multicultural community surrounded by mountains, parks, and lakes. There are award-winning museums and theaters, celebrated public and private schools, destination restaurants and hotels, and a robust calendar of community events to enjoy.
The Hun School of Princeton empowers each student to thrive in a diverse and ever-changing world, by nurturing resilient character, providing individual mentorship, and inspiring vigorous and joyful learning.
In our mission of educating global citizens with resilient character, we actively seek candidates who can bring a diversity of experiences and perspectives to our community. The Hun School of Princeton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics or activity protected by law.
To apply: Hun School Employment Application